Friday, October 19, 2007

My wife

My wife just passed me up in geekiness, wow! She was a self-described tree-hugging, granola-eating, subaru-driving, Chaco-wearing hippie when we first met. In the last 5 years we've been married, she has completely morphed (I think I can take a lot of credit here) into a total tech geek. She now has a laptop, unlimited web on her Pocket PC Phone and makes money to support us by selling stuff on ebay. Oh, and she started a blog last week.

Now, I got a master's degree in Electronics and Information Technology, and thought I was all up on the latest techiness at all times. So, anyway, my wife, who thought she was a hippie, beat me to the world of Blogs.

I have never posted, and this will be my first post. Maybe I've never posted because I don't like the sound of the word BLOG. Maybe it's because I've been super busy trying to study and make use of the hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt we're incurring while I go to med school. Maybe it's just because I didn't want to do something jus because "Well, dude, everyone's got have a blog, I mean, come on...."

The point of this blog is to list things I'm thankful for each day, or just as a journal. I'm a big fan of creating my own reality and I believe we can all be happier, more productive, healthier, and just better people by focusing on the good in life. Enough crap comes our way each day that we don't need to give it any more access to our thoughts by thinking about it.

So, here's my list of things I'm thankful for today:

  1. My wife, who is now a tech geek and finally got me to do something like a journal, which I have been meaning to do for years, but have never gotten around to.

  2. Family. My brother Ron lives 20 minutes from here and it was great to go over and borrow his Thule rack pod packer thingy for our trip to Utah. Ron and Erica are fun to talk to and my niece and nephews are the cutest ever and family is just good stuff.

  3. Sore legs. I always love having sore legs from a bike ride because it means I'm getting more in shape. Feeling great the day after a ride means, yeah, I might have had fun, but I'm not going to be faster next time. In generally, I'm thankful for bikes, biking, and anything related to bikes. Bikes are the coolest and bikes where the republican candidate for president, they'd have my vote. Since they're not, I'll probably vote for Mitt Romney (no, not because he's Mormon, but because he shares my values and has a killer hairdo!)

Wow, you ever get to that hour at night when you just hit the wall? Sometimes I get to that point and just curl up on the carpet and if I'm lucky, I'll grab a blanket on my way down. I guess that's what med school, surgery, and 5-6 hours of sleep a night will do to you. I'll have to see if this post made any sense when I wake up tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anderson Family said...

Dave Studdert's email address is david@mantford.com.