I'm jealous every time Bri yelps and excitedly giggles while saying that she feels Caleb kicking. Sure, I got to see the little man at the ultrasound, but that’s TV. Feeling is even more real and that’s what Bri gets that I don’t, until now. I finally felt Caleb kick and it was awesome. I guess Caleb really will be a great biker considering how much he’s working his legs out. Maybe I’ll rig up an attachment to the tandem to let him get in on the action in July…
Getting the ultrasound and knowing it would be a boy and then feeling him kick makes me think about what kind of man this boy will become. I can’t wait for him to grow up, even though I always hear parents talking about how sad it is when kids grow up. I guess both will be great, but I just have such high hopes for this baby who carries this great namesake that connects him to Grandpa Ren. If he learns about Grandpa Ren and models him in any way, he will be great indeed. Bri and I talk every day about how excited we are for all these huge changes we’re going to be having in the coming months. They’re big, stressful ones, but they’re all positive and things we look forward to. The only thing I’m a little bummed about is that I might be so busy during intern year that I’ll miss some of the milestones from Caleb’s early days. I’m just going to have to convince Bri that we should get a really good video camera so I can share those moments.
The next cool thing will be when Bri finally starts showing! She’s still got pretty much a flat stomach and she’s over 4 months along! It’ll be great when she gets that big basketball on her tummy. I love how Bri has been so positive and upbeat during her pregnancy. I also love how she has been so good about writing everything down that’s going on with us. She really keeps things in our family nailed together by tying up all the loose ends I sometimes leave from the many things I have going on in my life. Bri’s blogs and update letters to Megan will be the main record of the events of our lives during this interesting time. Aside from just keeping a record, she is able to inject her feelings and energy into the written word in such a way that the reader can really feel what we feel. She has a true gift for writing, and even though I’m her spell-check machine, she still has the edge on meaningful, intrinsic and heartfelt written communication. Not to mention she’s hot! (especially with her new, short haircut!)
No comments:
Post a Comment