Thursday, January 31, 2008

Spleen or Gallbladder


So I’m doing a rotation right now called ER Ultrasound. It’s pretty much a joke because the attending who is into Ultrasound just had a baby and isn’t really around much. We basically just sign up for slots and do ultrasounds on whoever will let us. However, Manijeh and I haven’t gotten much formal direction besides a video we watched. The form of rebellion we hatched today is to start labeling everything we see. It might be correct, but when the spleen we labeled turns out to be large intestine, we’re hoping they’ll throw their hands up during the once-weekly image review and say “We’ve gotta teach these yahoos something.” If not, I guess we’ll know the spleen really was a spleen.

1 comment:

Chelsea Anne said...

I had no idea you have a blog. Ben started one but has yet to post.

Maybe you should consider Utah the family choice because we are far more likely to see you during residency. Then again my sister keeps saying you two are made for ABQ.