Monday, May 12, 2008

We LOVE Our New House!


So, we've both been pretty lame lately about blogging, but for good reason - we've spent the last 6 days in a mad dash to get packed, then drive across three states, then unpack and move in to a new house. I threw in one last mountain bike ride just in case I thought for a second I wasn't quite tired enough already. We'll put some pics up of the house as it comes along and we make some minor improvements it "needs."
In case you've never been to Albuquerque, this place is so amazing. The people are some of the nicest you've ever met, and I swear the three kindest retired couples are some of our neighbors. Either that, or they just can't stand how bad our lawn looks since the previous owners let it die while the house was on the market. Either way, our neighbors have mowed our lawn, raked it, fertilized it, and helped us get the timer on the correct schedule. On top of that, one of our neighbors even offered to give me the keys to his pickup truck to take stuff to the dump!
It's late and Bri will be really bugged if I don't get to bed soon, but if you're wondering how we're doing, just know that we are all good and LOVING where we live.

We drove up to the top of Sandia Peak, the highest part of the mountain range here. 10,600 feet! Will be an awesome bike ride to have so close by. It was a beautiful 12 miles and reminded us a lot of Provo Canyon and the way up to Sundance. Luckily, we're just blocks from the mouth of the canyon.

3 comments:

Chelsea Anne said...

So fun. When does work start?

Rob and Tiff said...

That is so exciting. Congratulations! From the picture it looks like you've already scoped out the hills. :-)

:) Jen said...

you guys are so dang cute together...what a great picture, Dan I just have to say that I think it is so amazing the wonderful support you give Bri, you let her spread her wings and and fly, some guys would be intimidated by Bri's ambition and amazingness...but you seem to embrace it and be a force in her life that nurtures her growth, you guys are a cute and inspiring married couple...I know she is just as lucky to have you in her life, I hope you guys realize all your dreams....and good for you with med school, it sounds like you both are already in love with New Mexico...:)