Bri got some much needed "rest" over the night time and now we're looking like we're really close. She's at a 10cm and just has a little "lip" of the cervix that is being a little difficult. They are so patient here, we love it. In the picture, she's on her right because her right side wasn't getting any of the benefits of the epidural. She got that figured out, but still is having a substantial amount of right hip and right lower back pain.
Contractions are coming pretty strong and the midwife said that when she pushes, Caleb's head has good movement. So, what a surprise, more waiting! I guess for me, and the rest of us, it's waiting. For Bri, it's running her 5th marathon without eating or sleeping well in the last 40 hours!
10 comments:
Sneak that girl some snacks! She needs all the energy she can get.
With a lip of cervix, sometimes they can hold the cervix back and have Bri try to push the baby past it.
I can't wait for the next update! :)
I bet your having Caleb right now!so Calebs b-day is July 13th! happy birthday little one! Bri you look awesome rest is the key love ya Jess
Seriously!
I was just thinking how beautiful you look, Bri! 40 hours of labor is a good look for you, you should try it more often ;)
(I hope you've gotten some rest too Dan. Poor boy.)
Hooray!!!
Oh, and the pink bra hanging from your bed is an EXCELLENT touch. LOVE IT! Just goes to show that when it's time for baby to come, NOTHING else matters.
Dan, Bri:
We're here in Bishopric meeting here in HH, and BT, CB, MC, MMcB and I all send you our best! Bishop is going to let our congregation know that good things are afoot out there in AZ!
Get him here safely!
Andrew Nelson
Bri I hope all is going well and you have Caleb in your arms....if not by now, I hope it is soon! I am so glad you got some much needed rest. :) Keep up the great work!
I'm sure that you have tried pushing through the lip, but pushing worked for me! May time move quickly!
Bri, I couldn't sleep all night worrying about you, wondering if you holding your beautiful baby boy, if you were getting rest, how Dan was doing?
You are an amazing woman, 40 hrs is an unbelievable journey that you will look back on fondly, and will be able to remind Caleb what a miracle he is and all you went through to bring him into your family!
You are all in our thoughts and constant prayers.
We love you!
Jami, Greg and Calebs cousins
How glorious to be born on a Sunday. You're amazing, Bri, keep at it! LOVE YOU! Praying for you, Dan, and baby Caleb!!
We are constantly checking your blogs for the latest! You are in our thoughts and prayers! Bri, we are so proud of you for staying strong and determined even though things are not like you had hoped for. I don't know if I know a stronger girl. This is such an exciting time and we cannot wait to see pictures of little Caleb. He is probably taking his time up there, getting last minute instructions so he is ready to kick some butt when he gets to earth. You are doing great and I admire your strength. You too, Dan! Post again soon!!!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment