So, as expected, the totally unexpected has happened. We went in for a "non-stress test" since Bri was 6 days over and they said that the heart rate tracing was "Non-reassuring." That is basically a Doctor's CYA term for "We think you should have the baby now." It was difficult for Bri since she was dead set on not having any interventions at all. After 45 minutes of discussion with the midwife we decided that we would go ahead with a mild induction so that Bri would get the chance to do as much as possible on her own and not have to get an epidural. She was just most worried about having things snowball into a mass of interventions.
However, as of right now, Bri is sitting in her bed looking stunning in her pink hospital gown typing up her blog. What an amazing woman, she's having contractions (called "birthing waves" in our classes) and just typing away. It is now totally verified, my wife is as big of a tech nerd as I am! And she thought she was a tree-hugger when we got married...
So, expect a lot of posts over the next 24 hours as we keep everything up to date here. I'll try to put up pictures and updates as often as I can.
4 comments:
Your dad called us. Good luck with everything. The great news is that no matter what you are going to get a baby soon!
Can't wait to see him. Send Bri our love.
YAY!!!
Keep your chin up, Bri. The unexpected is what keeps things exciting, and I know you will be positive. Your body will do amazing things even when you can't control it. Enjoy the ride... you're already putting all those amazing things you've learned to work!
I AM positive that everything will be so incredible and you will WILL your body into doing what you and Caleb need it to do!
You will be in my every thought until the babe is safely in your arms! Love you guys!
Dan, you and Bri and the baby have been on my heart and mind all day in a very strong way and know I know the reason...know I'm praying for you all...MUCH LOVE!!
Stay strong. We pray that everything goes well. Good luck.
Steve, Jill, Jake, Ali and Emi
Post a Comment